Who We Are
Koinonia welcomes you. Whoever you are, whatever you believe, whatever you are seeking, we invite you to come join us on our journey of faith.
A Spiritual Community
Inspiring . . . Serving . . . Welcoming . . .
- Supporting individual spiritual journeys
- Living connected to Source
- Finding inspiration from the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, Buddha, and others
- Finding inspiration from diverse spiritual practices and faith traditions – including our Christian heritage
- Affirming people of all ages, sexual orientations, and backgrounds
- Living peacefully and simply — together creating a supportive community
- Advocating for human and Earth justice — locally and globally
- Living with curiosity and compassion
Many of Koinonia’s core values are aligned with its Church of the Brethren and American Baptist heritage.
Words and phrases used to describe Koinonia:
accepting, affirming, alive, caring, connected, creative, curious, ecumenical, environmental, evolving, family oriented, friendly, growing, inclusive, inspiring sacred living, integral, interfaith, joyful, liberal, living peacefully and simply, musical, postmodern, questioning, radical, reconciling, searching, serving, spiritual, supportive, vital, welcoming, living wholeness, working for peace and justice . . .